This picadillo recipe is an easy, warm and comforting Mexican dish with a Cocina Fresca twist.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup Cocina Fresca Serrano Salsa
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large Russet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2" cubes and lightly salted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
How to make it:
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté potatoes in olive oil until slightly golden. Place potatoes on a parchment paper lined dish to remove excess oil.
- In the same skillet, brown beef, stirring consistently, breaking up into small pieces until cooked through.
- Drain the beef, leaving 2 Tbsp. of liquid. Add salt to taste and stir in potatoes and Cocina Fresca.
- Cover, lower heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, but keep covered.
- Spoon onto warm soft corn or flour tortillas, taco shells or tostadas. Top with queso fresco crumbles, grated cheddar cheese or avocado slices.