This “Sloppy Joe” has kick and more than enough oomph for foodies and families alike.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup Cocina Fresca Jalepeño Salsa
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 brioche buns toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
How to make it:
- In a large skillet add the beef and begin breaking apart to chunks while mixing in chopped onions.
- Cook until well, then leave over medium heat for 5-6 minutes minutes.
- Add in the canola oil, the chopped bell peppers, corn and black beans before cooking for 5-6 minutes, stirring often until the bell peppers are softened.
- Mix in the Cocina Fresca Salsa, cumin, beef broth, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and ketchup, cooking for 5-6 minutes until the sauce starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes "sloppy."
- When ready, spoon the mixture onto a toasted brioche bun and top with shredded cheddar cheese.