A delicious family recipe, this zesty Chicken Tortilla Soup is the perfect pick-me-up for those cold winter evenings.
What you'll need:
- About 1 container of Cocina Fresca Medium Salsa
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 11 oz. can of sweet corn, drained
- 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken flavor
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of one fresh lime
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Prior to serving, remove chicken breasts and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and gently stir.
- Ladle into bowls and top with crispy tortillas strips, avocado, and shredded cheese.