A classic staple recipe for when the weather starts to turn cold, with a unique South Texas twist.
What you'll need:
- About 1 container of Cocina Fresca Sweet Onion Salsa
- About 1 container of Cocina Fresca Medium-Hot Salsa
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb beef chuck, cubed
- 2 cans borracho beans
- 1 bottle Shiner Bock beer
- Chili powder, to taste
How to make it:
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Once cooked through, add in ground beef and chuck. Cook until browned. Strain off some of the fat, to liking.
- Stir in Cocina Fresca Salsa and beans. We recommend starting with half a container of each flavor and then adjusting to your taste.
- Add chili powder and beer. Cook on low and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with saltine crackers and top with shredded cheese.