A twist on traditional Spanish rice that makes a delectable side to dinner any day of the week, any time of the year.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups of Cocina Fresca Medium Salsa
- 1 cup rice
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
How to make it:
- Warm the oil in a medium pot or a large skillet with lid.
- Sauté the onions until they just start to turn golden brown.
- Toss in the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add in the dry rice and stir frequently until the rice begins to brown.
- Add Cocina Fresca Salsa and chicken broth, stir and cover with a lid.
- Reduce heat and bring to a simmer until the liquid has been absorbed (time can vary depending on the rice you use).
When done, fluff with a fork and serve.
RECIPE NOTE: Because rices vary, you may need a slightly different amount of chicken stock. Keep extra on hand just in case. If the liquid completely cooks out and the rice is still not fully cooked, simply add another 1/2 cup of stock, cover and continue simmering. Repeat until the rice is the consistency you like. It should have a slightly chewy texture when done.