These tater tot nachos are a great way to put a fresh twist on an original dish. Totchos are great for game day or any day you need a quick easy meal and want to wow your guests. Everyone will dive head first in to these and be asking for more.
What you'll need:
- Cocina Fresca Medium Salsa
- One bag frozen tater tots
- One block cheddar cheese shredded (pre shredded cheese will not work)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 oz creem cheese softened
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange tots in a single layer on parchment lined pan and bake for approx 25-28 minutes until cripsy and golden.
- While tots are baking, prepare salsa cheese dip.
- Freshly grate block of cheddar cheese (pre-shredded cheese won't work here)! Go ahead and measure everything else for the sauce.
- Warm the milk in the microwave for 30-40 seconds and set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Once melted, add flour and whisk into butter vigorously as it becomes bubbly and foamy. Continue to cook and whisk constantly for about a minute to cook out the flour taste.
- Add warmed milk and whisk into flour mixture. Allow mixture to come to a simmer, whisking occasionally as it thickens. Once it has thickened, remove pot from heat. Add cream cheese and whisk until melted.
- Next slowly add grated cheddar in 3 batches, stirring it in until the cheese is fully melted. Keep the pot off the heat so the cheese doesn't overhead and turn gritty.
- Add Cocina Fresca Medium Salsa and stir until combined.
- Pull tots from the oven, cover with salsa cheese sauce and then add additional toppings such as tomatoes. lettuce, sour cream and anything else you want.