You’ve never had wings like these. Cocina Fresca Salsa gives this game day staple a special zing.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups Cocina Fresca Habanero Salsa
- 3 lb. chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tbsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Blend Cocina Fresca Salsa, honey, and ginger together and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until mixture is reduced by half, 15 to 20 minutes. Then stir in lime juice.
- Layer chicken wings in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl and toss with sauce until well coated.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.