Enjoy a simple treat with friends and families. Rolled in a crunchy tortilla, flautas are easy to make. Don’t forget to serve the flautas hot on a platter with a bowl of your favorite flavor of Cocina Fresca Salsa for dipping.
What you'll need:
- About 1 cup of Cocina Fresca Medium-Hot Salsa
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 36 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine the shredded chicken, Cocina Fresca Salsa and ground cumin. Mix together.
- In a small skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Place a corn tortilla in the oil for 1 to 2 seconds on either side to soften. Repeat with all of the tortillas. Place tortillas on paper towel to soak up some of the oil.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla and sprinkle some cheese on top. Roll up tortilla and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, seam side down. Repeat with all of the tortillas until chicken mixture is gone. If there is any cheese left over, sprinkle it over the rolled tortillas.
- Bake tortillas in the preheated oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are a little crispy and golden brown.