Ordinary summers are for ordinary people and you are far from ordinary.
We know you crave an extraordinary summer! There’s no better time to try something unexpected, to let your zest for life bring new experiences and adventure.
Throughout summer, we travel far and wide to visit the people we love. You don’t get to see them often, and even then, your visit might be short. Every moment counts in making their summer as extraordinary as yours. This time is precious, but Cocina Fresca has your back with summer hacks that let you focus on making memories.
Now dive into these fresh hacks and help your family and friends #LiveFresca!
Share this Love Dip with friends
Your friends will feel the heat with this traditional, mom-approved recipe. Easy for picnics, parties, and potlucks… you couldn’t mess it up if you tried.
- Pour some Cocina Fresca Salsa over a block of plated cream cheese and sever hot after a few minutes in the oven or as is with a side of cantina-style tortilla chips.
- Enjoy with your mojito watermelon pops!
Make a Water-Bottle Sprinkler for Kids Instantly
Perfect for kid’s playtime or watering your garden.
- Grab a clean 2-liter bottle from your recycle bin and using a pen or a drill, poke holes all over the bottle.
- Using Gorilla tape or any other waterproof tape, connect the hose’s end to the water bottle’s neck.
- Hang your sprinkler from a tree or on the grass.
Watermelon Mojito Lollipops
You read that right. Three treats brought together for you to enjoy while the kids enjoy the new sprinkler.
- Cut watermelon in spear shapes.
- Combine the watermelon, mint leaves, rum (8 oz for a large watermelon), lime juice, and soak overnight in the fridge. The easiest way to do this is by using a gallon size ziplock bag and mixing it every so often. A few hours of soaking will work if you don’t have much time.
- Remove watermelon spheres from the fridge.
- Stick popsicle sticks in the rounded side of the watermelon.
- Add more fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy.
Watch the stars in a Trampoline Pillow Fort!
Now here’s a hack to help the kids wind down. Once they’re in bed, you have a romantic getaway on your hands.
- Sweep leaves and twigs off the trampoline.
- Secure sheets over the sides of the trampoline with rubber bands.
- Lay pillows and blankets on a trampoline for cushion.
- Bring a laptop and have an outdoor movie night for the kids or host a slumber party for your friends.
- Have a fun night sleeping under the stars.
Sunburn and Bug-Bite Soothing at the Ready
A remedy for the two things everyone complains about on the way home.
- Fill an ice cube tray with aloe vera gel and freeze.
- Fill a plastic bag with frozen aloe gel cubes.
- Use ice packs to keep food cold when heading outdoors.
- Grab an aloe cube and rub on skin for sunburn and bug bites.
A Use for Any Un-Used Pool Noodle
Every pool sees a fair share of pool noodles, but there’s more than one way to use a pool noodle that many would throw away.
- Before you hop onto your new trampoline fort, you can use your old pool noodles as soft guard rails surrounding the springs and outer ring to avoid any pinching while hopping on.
- Create a floating cooler with any medium sized tub or bucket with edges. Cut the pool noodle to sizes for all edges and place over. Drop in some ice and a tub of Cocina Fresca Salsa to enjoy at your finger tips while taking a dip.
- If you have a temporary or galvanized pool, use your pool noodles to surround the outer edges to prevent any scrapes when jumping in! Also keeps those edges cool.
Take Less Sand Home from the Beach
Finally, a way to get that sticky sand off with help from this household staple.
- Sprinkle baby powder anywhere sand is stuck on your body.
- Using your hands wipe off the loosened sand.
- Enjoy a comfortable ride home without bringing the beach back with you.
Try these at home and hack your way to a fun and fresca summer!
Have a summer hack to share with us? Use #LiveFresca and show us your tips.
Keep it real. Keep it fresh. #LiveFresca.